Strategy 5 Questions: Capacity Building
- Who within the workforce should have a role in promotion and prevention (e.g. stakeholders groups, community leaders, professionals)?
- In what way can we educate and train an effective workforce? What competences are required? Who makes the major decisions? What part should be played by users/recipients of the service?
- Who should take responsibility for developing and monitoring such a workforce and for providing training resources? How can we ensure effective use of resources?
- How can we encourage a “learning community” to generate new knowledge and expertise? What skills are needed? Who should be members of such a community?
- What are the options for developing an effective workforce in low income countries and disadvantaged communities? Do we have such examples?